Have you ever thought of having an Ice cream bar at your wedding or special event? It’s definitely a crowd pleaser (especially for the older crowd)!
Funny story, before I share my tips + tricks for a Successful Ice Cream Bar.
One of the elderly men of one of the weddings I designed, really loved the ice cream bar, he loved it so much so our topping and bowl went missing. I approached him at the wedding and said sir, would you mind if I could have the toppings bowl back so the guests could enjoy them (yes, I washed the bowl and replaced the toppings before sitting it back on the table) ! I made sure I gave him an entire bag of toppings so he could snack on them the rest of the night without having to share!
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL ICE CREAM BAR:
- Pre-scoop your ice cream and place it on a tray. That way it has a pretty shape and its quicker to serve your guest.
- Provide labels to include any allergies to protect yourself, your clients and other guests from cross contamination or any type of allergies.
- Organize your bar, so that it makes sense of how you would go through the line, and make sure your guests have adequate room and there want be a “back-log” of people traffic.
- Provide fun bowls (like these) and plastic spoons to match, you always want to keep the entire design concept flowing.
- Lastly, you may even need a video camera to make sure your guests don’t run off with your candy toppings and bowls. 😉
Styling + Concept: Emily Burton Designs