A new take on Santa’s milk and cookies!
Okay, seriously how long has Santa been getting just a glass of leftover milk and homemade or packaged cookies?!
After ALL of the work Santa and his little helpers do every year, I think it’s time we elevated “His Flight” a noch or two, if you know what I mean.
We love coming up with new ideas and when we saw these adorable Copper and Wood Flights from our friends over at Grace Graffiti we just it would be perfect for what my mind was conjuring up. A new spin on “Santa’s milk and cookies” of course.
What You’ll Need to Make the Snowmen:
How to Make the Snowmen.
- First, you’ll need to make or Order (I prefer ordering…ehhhum) 2 sizes of macarons. A small, for the head and one larger for the body. You’ll need 1 of each per how many snowmen you decide to make.
- Next, take your candy stick and slide it through the middle sandwich portion of the Macaron, the smaller macaron first (aka the head or the top) and then the bottom or the body.
- Once you have assembled your snowman, then you’ll want to cut part of your cinnamon stick or clean a piece of tiny branch and place it for the center of the snowman’s nose. Technically you aren’t supposed to put anything on cookies that isn’t edible. Or if you are more of the pastry chef, then you could even make sugar noses….but I’ll just leave it right there, I’m not a cook and I go for easy as long as it’s pretty.
- Then, take your edible marker, draw two eyes centered above your nose, and 3 buttons down the center of the macarons.
- Viola! Now just pour your milk or homemade eggnog and enjoy!
To view more holiday tips + tricks, visit our full spread over at Golden Isle Magazine.
Direct Links To Purchase Products Below:
Photography: Tamara Gibson Photography
Macarons: Treehouse Macarons
Flight Tray: Grace Graffiti
Styling + Concept + Design: Emily Burton Designs